BILETA is the British and Irish Law, Education and Technology Association. It was formed in April 1986 to promote the use of technology in legal education throughout the UK and Ireland. The Association undertakes the following activities:
- organisation of the annual BILETA conference
- promotes research projects
- provides information on technology utilised in law developments
- supports relevant research academic journal publications such as The European Journal of Law and Technology
- makes representations on technology and law through the production of written reports
- liaises with academic organisations and professional organisations, such as those listed below
The work of BILETA is dependent on the funding provided by its membership. We have no funding source other than the generosity of our members. We hope that you will consider the monies well spent on the type of projects and initiatives which BILETA supports, all of which provide benefit to the law & IT communities in the UK and beyond. A particular benefit is that as a valued institutional member your staff receive a conference discount when they apply to attend. Further, as indicated above, BILETA actively seeks requests for funding from academics from member institutions to allow projects to be undertaken or completed which reflect the goals of BILETA. The funding may be used, for example, to employ students for short periods or for help in organising a workshop or small conference.